Best Case Farm
Consolidating land formerly owned by the Best and Case families, Stough Group created a lakeside Kentucky fishing/hunting destination second to none.
The 900-acre property near Falmouth features a boathouse, equipment barn, caretaker’s house, 3 bunkies (sleep six in all), a deer-processing building, an outfitting room, a nine-acre man-made lake full of bass and bluegill, a large turkey population, and abundant deer, squirrel, coyote, groundhog and wild hog.
The Best Materials for The Finest Experience
The process, challenging at times, involved doing everything right the first time:
- Building a road to drive equipment in to build five new structures and the lake
- Digging a 16 ft. deep, 8 acre lake, and keeping the water down during spring to put boathouse foundation under the water line and docks just above
- Using superior building materials: tongue-in-groove Arizona pine, 4 x 16 beams, oak flooring, (custom) curly maple cabinets, and granite countertops throughout—including for fish-cleaning sink
- Using large, heavy Indiana colonial bluevein stone for landscaping and lake retaining wall
- Building everything into the side of a hill to give all buildings a lake view
- Using hardyboard for the exterior, which will not rot
The result was a spectacular draw for the discerning outdoor enthusiast.
To plan your stay, visit the Best Case Farm website. You can also catch us on Facebook.