Artificial intelligence is rapidly changing our world. Already, many processes in healthcare and other industries are being automated. How will the plasma industry be different in the future?
• Will donor check-ins, screenings and even the drawing of blood be handled by robots?
• What about plasma processing and transport?
• Will AI accelerate the creation of plasma substitute treatments?
It is impossible to know, but what we can be sure of is AI will change our industry. And because AI tools like ChatGPT are replacing other information outlets (without needing to divulge their sources!), how we are presented by AI will undoubtedly impact our future success.Back To Top
Recently we asked ChatGPT a number of questions about the plasma business and were pleasantly surprised at what we found.
Overall, the image of our industry was positive:
“…Plasma centers serve as essential healthcare facilities that collect plasma donations and produce life-saving medications …”
“…Donor safety is of utmost importance. Plasma centers implement strict safety measures to protect both donors and recipients.…”
“…Plasma centers conduct thorough testing of donated plasma to ensure its safety and quality…”
“…Apart from its role in medication production, plasma also aids scientific research and development…”
“…By understanding the processes that take place within a plasma center, we can appreciate the significant role they play in saving lives and supporting community well-being…”
But what will AI say about us 8 or 10 years from now?Back To Top
What people say and write about plasma collection ends up online and in AI responses. One way to ensure our image stays in the plus column is by making every interaction with the plasma industry a good one:
• Keeping buildings and grounds attractive on the outside to passersby
• Making sure plasma center interiors are inviting, clean, kept in good repair and comfortable
• Improving the experience of donating plasma
• Improving the experience of working at a plasma center
• Being involved in the communities where centers are located
• Seeking out opportunities to share the value of plasma donation with donors, staff and the community
If everyone in the industry works to provide excellent facilities, treat customers (donors and staff) well, and be a good neighbor, we can head off any destructive messages AI might spread in the future.Back To Top
To streamline delivery and control costs, we take a prototype approach when possible, engage local civil engineering consultants for each project, and establish a working relationship with the local governing authority.